revised scheduling system that was a bit more complicated than what we had done in the past, so that I could manage work for three kids (plus a roamer) and give them some independence and flexibility.
This year I wanted to tweak this a bit to improve some aspects that were time consuming. I'll have four needing a schedule, although only three will be doing an official Ambleside Online year.
Our schedule has two parts: the master schedule and the child's weekly sheet.
The master schedule for each child is a chart (like this one for Year 2) that shows every assignment for every week for the 12-week term. I print this out and keep it in my binder where I keep everyone's schedule. I do edit it first to reflect our own preferences and to add other items I want to track. I sorted the work into somewhat arbitrary categories so that each category has a fairly even work load for the week. This becomes important in the child's weekly sheet. I also put the memory work for the term at the end so I'll have the passages handy when needed each day.
The child's weekly sheet has two parts. One is a list of every book (or weekly work type) for the term. These are sorted into the categories I created when I edited the master chart. One is a list of all the daily work plus the list of categories. The daily list has a line separating it into two parts--above the line the tasks must be complete before the child can eat lunch! Below the line the tasks must be complete before any free time is to be had. I let the kids pick icons to designate the various categories, so the category title on the daily list will show a picture that matches the picture next to all the books/resources in that category over on the weekly list. This sheet is inserted in a dry erase pouch to which I added magnet tape to hang it on the freezer. Each pouch has its own pen, even!
We have not yet tried this at all, but since it's very similar to the system we used last year, I have confidence that it will work smoothly. If not, I'll let you know!