This provides frequent changes in activities, something interesting to look forward to, and regular opportunities for logical consequences to reinforce helpful behavior.
What do we have in our treasure chest? I gather items all the time, from stores, garage sales, thrift shops, bookshelves and toy bins at home--anywhere!
- small chalk boards with chalk and eraser
- magnetic Israelites and Philistines with an old cookie sheet to play on
- Magna Doodles
- activity books of various kinds
- View Masters with lots of disks
- I Spy books
- small handheld non-electronic games, like those little mazes with a metal ball to roll around or the ones you fill up with water and press a button to shoot a jet of air
- Mad Libs