1. In your own words, tell about one of the days of creation. Also, explain why the activity on this day is important.
2. In your own words, explain why Matthew included the genealogy at the beginning of his book and why this is important.
Write 4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term. (Type this here.)
The boy was very ill, he said, and weak from the loss of blood; but his mind was so troubled with anxiety to disclose something, that he deemed it better to give him the opportunity, than to insist upon his remaining quiet until next morning: which he should otherwise have done. (Study this, then come to me for dictation.)
1. Describe your favorite scene or character from the Shakespeare play you read this term.
2. Name any of Oliver Twist’s "friends" and tell how their actions effect Oliver’s situation for good or bad. OR tell the story of Antigone or Aristaeus the Bee-keeper
1. What do you know about the Underground Railroad?
2. Describe the taking of New Orleans OR the Battle of Gettysburg.
3. What factors helped the Union defeat the Confederacy?
Show your book of centuries to Dad and explain what you added this term and why.
1. During this term you read about many different people who travelled. Describe one voyage: who took it, why it was taken and why it was important?
2. During this term you read about several conflicts outside of the United States. Describe one war or conflict: who was involved, why were they fighting, and what was the outcome?
Show your timeline to Dad and explain what you added this term.
If you used Halliburton's The Book of Marvels:
1. Tell what you know about "No Woman's Land" OR one of the wonders of the Ancient World.
2. Describe a place you read about this term that you'd like to visit.
Natural History and General Science
1. What kind of nourishment/food do plants need? How do they take it in?
2. Describe or draw the parts of the eye.
3. Tell of some of the bones in your body OR tell what you know of how the muscles in the body work.
Why didn't Solon just copy what Lycurgus did in Sparta? How did he fit his laws to the state of things in Athens, rather than making things to fit his laws?
1. If I buy two boxes of cereal at $3.24 each, a gallon of milk at $4.24, and two loaves of bread at $1.81 each, how much will I spend?
2. Multiply 18 x 42 x 73.
3. Divide 3744 by 16.
4. What is 1/4 + 2/3 + 5/6?
Translate into English:
1. Puella aquam portat.
2. El general cooperó con el presidente.
Describe “The Grand Cascade at Tivoli” by Fragonard.